28 October 2011

Halloween/Graveyard Concept Shoot | Columbus, Ohio


This was a concept shoot I thought up months ago and was so excited to see it come to life.  I love Halloween and I love photography.  Put them together with a creative imagination and this is what you get!

I posted a casting call on Model Mayhem looking for the perfect models.  I knew I wanted at least 2 girls and 1 guy.  The response was overwhelming to say the least!  Apparently I'm not the only one that loves a Halloween shoot. I decided it would be fun to ask my photographer friends, Jeri Amrine and Mark O'Donnell to assist me in the project as they are Halloween fanatics as well as amazing photographers.  I have worked with both of them in the past and knew we would all work well together and make it a great project. We weeded through all the responses and threw around some ideas. Mark mentioned a lot of the interested models were not real close to us and we would run the risk of no shows.  Thanks Mark.   Hadn't thought of that.  Within days of him telling me this I was contacted by the lovely  Sherry Lewis.  She is a model/actor that lives not even 5 minutes away from me.  Perfect!  She also mentioned she had a local friend that was trying to break into modeling and would be perfect as my second female model if we were interested.  Score!  Turns out I knew her already!  The lovely Melodie Pullen played my angel and was a natural. As for the male model I knew who I wanted right away.  He had done a previous Halloween shoot as a vampire so I knew he would be perfect for the part.  He was willing and able and did an amazing job.  Thanks Jay Davis!

We had so much fun that night!  The Fall leaves were at their peak and the tempature was perfect.  It was just beautiful.  The story is about a couple that died tragically together and don't really realize they are dead.  They are wondering around the graveyard trying to figure things out.  The angel comes to guide them where they need to be and watch over them. Check it out!

As a slideshow to music:

Or in pictures below:





























No comments: