23 May 2010

Fritz the Nite Owl

Those that don't know Fritz the Nite Owl must not be from around Columbus Ohio.  From 1974-1991 Fritz hosted Nite Owl Theater.  He entertained many with his wit and humor not to mention the really cool special effects between commercials. Many remember the Double Chillers on Friday nights.  Those were my favorite!  I think that started my love of scary movies. As a ten year old girl watching him, I never imagined I would marry his son one day.  I loved him then and I love him dearly now.  He is a very amazing, knowledgeable and talented man!  I can listen to his stories forever...

You can now catch him hosting movies on the last Saturday of each month at the Grandview Theater.  More information can be found here: Fritz Lives  Fritz is also busy with various projects here and there.  You never know where he will turn up.  A documentary is being made about him as I type.  He asked me to take a current picture of him to be included in that.

THEN:


NOW:

2 comments:

A New England Life said...

Isn't it funny all the twists and turns life takes? Very cool post.

Val said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea - thanks for sharing! Growing up, Fritz the Nite Owl was always a part of our weekends...the best times were watching the scary movies with all my girlfriends during slumber parties: scary movies with Fritz, seances, truth-or-dare....fun childhood memories! :)