28 April 2011

Storm Clouds | Marysville Ohio

This is how obsessed I am with photography: 


I had spent most of the day Spring cleaning my youngest daughter's bed room.  We also did the warm clothes/cold clothes switch over along with rearranging her room.  Around 8:30PM I look out her window and notice how amazing the sky looks.  Of course I point it out to Sara as well.  I then say aloud "I should get a picture of that beautiful sky."  Sara says "Go get your camera mommy.  I will wait for you."  To which I reply "Nah, the houses are blocking a lot of it so I can't just go outside and take the picture."  I go back to cleaning and organizing.  About 5 minutes pass.  I glance outside Sara's window again.  Wow!  It's even more amazing looking than before.  At this point I go in our bedroom where my husband is and tell him to look at the sky.  "Uh huh.  Cool.  You should get a picture of it." Again I explain my dilemma about the houses being in the way and maybe if I went to the end of the street I could get a better shot.  Then I dismiss it with "I have too much to do so Sara can get to bed."  Back to Sara's room I go.  Another 5 minutes or so pass.  Again, I am distracted by the sky.  It is all blue and glowy looking.  So pretty.  I haven't seen it look like that in a long time.  At this point I can take no more.  I quickly grab my camera and a wide angle lens and shout up to Doug that I will be right back and I'm taking his car.  The end of the street wasn't that great so I have to drive down by the walking path where there aren't as many street lights and houses to get in the way.  I snap away and get a dozen or so images.  Ten minutes later I am back home and eager to show Doug how amazing the sky was.  Obsessed I tell ya.  Oh well.  It is what it is. :)  Here are a couple of them to see for yourself.  Pretty cool huh?



No comments: